Benefit: rich in omegas the walnuts and salmon provide omega 3, great for mood, concentration, reducing cholesterol and weight management. The extra pesto can be used with white fish or chicken so is very versatile. Or just on a nut or rice cracker.
For the pesto
- 100g walnuts
- ½ cup tightly packed parsley leaves
- ½ cup tightly packed mint leaves, basil or coriander
- handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cold pressed oil (olive oil, walnut or flaxseed oil)
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- pinch of mineral salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the fish
- 2 x 175 g salmon fillet
Combine the walnuts, parsley, lemon juice, zest, olive oil, sea salt and pepper into a good high speed blender. You can have your pesto as smooth or as chunky as you like, depending on how long you blend it for!
Store covered in the fridge for up to one week. Serves 12.
Place salmon into the oven 180 C. for 5 minutes – 8 minutes.
Salmon should still be a little pink in the middle once plated, place a good spoonful of pesto on top of the salmon.
Serve with leafy green salad or steamed green veggies.